- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
Arsene Wenger Labelled A Genius After Prediction About PSG vs Manchester United Match Came True
Arsenal fans have praised former boss Arsene Wenger for his prophetic analysis of Presnel Kimpembe as the weak link in Paris St. Germain’s team. The 23 year-old gave away the crucial penalty that allowed Manchester United’s Marcus Rashford to complete a sensational comeback in the Parc de Princes on Wednesday night.
And speaking ahead of the first leg between United and PSG three weeks ago, Wenger isolated the defender as the player to isolate for opposing sides.
Gunners fans have been quick to play up their former manager’s sharp analysis.
“I would say he [Thomas Tuchel] made two important decisions,” Wenger told BeIN Sports ahead of the first leg at Old Trafford . “The first one was not to play Marquinos at the back, and to play Kimpembe.
“Kimpembe recently had not been convincing in this position because he was too impulsive, made too many fouls. “The second thing is he wanted to strengthen his midfield with Marquinos, and not play Paredes.
Don Wenger pic.twitter.com/PXDkUOQImH
— Darren (@DF_Arsenal) March 6, 2019
“PSG just bought Paredes to play defensive midfield, so he certainly thinks that Paredes is not ready for the intensity, and he has a doubt about Veratti, and two together who are not really fit physically is a huge risk. That’s why he had to push Marquinos into midfield.
“For me it is a little risk, because recently Kimpembe has not been convincing. He’s a very promising defender, but since January, PSG have not convinced.
Arsène Wenger has done it yet again ladies and gentlemans . Pure genius. pic.twitter.com/LqtEwYYnFr
— Olle Le Moine (@OlleLeMoine) March 6, 2019
“Is that because they have the Champions League in mind? Is it because they are not at the same level they were at in November and December?”