- BREAKING: Stolen card readers caught with three persons in Lagos
- BREAKING: JAMB shifts UTME exams
- Yobe State Deputy Speaker, Garba Ibrahim is dead
- Boko Haram bombs Maiduguri mosque, 11 confirmed dead
- Aide to Delta State Governor on youth matters, Ngozi Ijei shot dead
- BREAKING: INEC Finally Postpones Presidential Election, Releases New Date
- BREAKING: INEC To Postpone Presidential Election
- Onnoghen: Former CJN granted bail on self-recognition
- Two suspected Terrorists trying to bomb bridge arrested in Ebonyi state (photos)
- Senator Ahmed Ogembe escape death by whisker along Abuja-Lokoja expressway
Portugal prime minister reacts to C Ronaldo’s rape allegations
‘He is an extraordinary sportsman’ – Portugal’s prime minister speaks on rape allegations leveled against Cristiano Ronaldo
The prime minister of Portugal, Antonio Costa, has come to the defense of Juventus forward, Cristiano Ronaldo, who is being accused of raping a model in Las Vegas penthouse, few years ago.
He described the award winning player as an extraordinary sportsman. He further pointed out that Ronaldo is yet to be found guilty of any crimes.
“People need to understand one and for all that there’s one thing, that is presumption of innocence. It is not enough for someone to be accused of something to be guilty of it.” He said
“If there’s something we have proof of is that he is an extraordinary professional, an extraordinary sportsman, an extraordinary footballer, and someone who has honored and given prestige to Portugal, and certainly what we all wish for is that nothing can ever stain that record of Ronaldo.” He added