- JUST IN: Court strikes out certificate fraud case against AbdulRazaq
- Breaking: Tribunal rejects Atiku’s request to access INEC server
- JUST IN: Lawan’s SA on Media resigns
- Breaking: Two injured as building collapses in Lagos
- Breaking: Senate President, Ahmad Lawan withdraws appointment of media aide, Festus Adedayo
- Breaking: Tension in Bauchi Assembly as two Speakers emerge
- Breaking: Buhari appoints new GMD for NNPC
- Breaking: Abducted ex-minister’s son, Dayo Adewole, regains freedom
- Breaking: Buhari returns Ahmed Idris as AGF
- Breaking: Luis Enrique resigns as Spain’s coach
Portugal prime minister reacts to C Ronaldo’s rape allegations
‘He is an extraordinary sportsman’ – Portugal’s prime minister speaks on rape allegations leveled against Cristiano Ronaldo
The prime minister of Portugal, Antonio Costa, has come to the defense of Juventus forward, Cristiano Ronaldo, who is being accused of raping a model in Las Vegas penthouse, few years ago.
He described the award winning player as an extraordinary sportsman. He further pointed out that Ronaldo is yet to be found guilty of any crimes.
“People need to understand one and for all that there’s one thing, that is presumption of innocence. It is not enough for someone to be accused of something to be guilty of it.” He said
“If there’s something we have proof of is that he is an extraordinary professional, an extraordinary sportsman, an extraordinary footballer, and someone who has honored and given prestige to Portugal, and certainly what we all wish for is that nothing can ever stain that record of Ronaldo.” He added