- Nigeria economy is in bad shape, Buhari tells governors
- Gunmen kill 10, kidnapped 3 women in Zamfara
- Rev. Fr. Mbaka escapes death in a failed assassination attempts, Adoration ministry cries out
- Reps cancel Ajaokuta Steel privatisation, asks FG to revive it with recovered Abacha loot
- NASS approve June 12 as Democracy Day
- 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku in closed door meeting, plans on how to wrestle power from Buhari
- ASUU strkie continues as meeting with FG ends inconclusive
- Former US president George Bush is dead
- OPC founder, Frederick Fasehun is dead
- Full list of those affected as FG freezes bank accounts of suspects on Nigeria Looters list
Portugal prime minister reacts to C Ronaldo’s rape allegations
‘He is an extraordinary sportsman’ – Portugal’s prime minister speaks on rape allegations leveled against Cristiano Ronaldo
The prime minister of Portugal, Antonio Costa, has come to the defense of Juventus forward, Cristiano Ronaldo, who is being accused of raping a model in Las Vegas penthouse, few years ago.
He described the award winning player as an extraordinary sportsman. He further pointed out that Ronaldo is yet to be found guilty of any crimes.
“People need to understand one and for all that there’s one thing, that is presumption of innocence. It is not enough for someone to be accused of something to be guilty of it.” He said
“If there’s something we have proof of is that he is an extraordinary professional, an extraordinary sportsman, an extraordinary footballer, and someone who has honored and given prestige to Portugal, and certainly what we all wish for is that nothing can ever stain that record of Ronaldo.” He added