- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
- Bauchi Commissioner, Mahmood Abubakar is dead
- Nigerian ambassador to Qatar, Abdullahi Wase is dead
Portugal prime minister reacts to C Ronaldo’s rape allegations
‘He is an extraordinary sportsman’ – Portugal’s prime minister speaks on rape allegations leveled against Cristiano Ronaldo
The prime minister of Portugal, Antonio Costa, has come to the defense of Juventus forward, Cristiano Ronaldo, who is being accused of raping a model in Las Vegas penthouse, few years ago.
He described the award winning player as an extraordinary sportsman. He further pointed out that Ronaldo is yet to be found guilty of any crimes.
“People need to understand one and for all that there’s one thing, that is presumption of innocence. It is not enough for someone to be accused of something to be guilty of it.” He said
“If there’s something we have proof of is that he is an extraordinary professional, an extraordinary sportsman, an extraordinary footballer, and someone who has honored and given prestige to Portugal, and certainly what we all wish for is that nothing can ever stain that record of Ronaldo.” He added