- BREAKING: Over 10 people rescued in another ‘rehabilitation’ center in Kaduna
- BREAKING: ICPC declares Obono-Obla wanted
- BREAKING: Another attacks on Nigerians in South Africa
- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of 23 properties linked to Maina
- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of Saraki’s houses in Ikoyi
- BREAKING: Court Partially Varies Sowore, Bakare’s Bail Conditions, adjourns Case
- Three days after impeachment saga, Edward Onoja sworn-in as Kogi Deputy Governor
- BREAKING: Two critically injured as container falls in Onitsha
- BREAKING: Kogi Assembly confirms Onoja as Yahaya Bello’s deputy
- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
Card Reader malfunction in Lagos as INEC suspends voting at Sanwo-Olu’s polling unit
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has temporarily suspended the commencement of voting at the polling unit of the All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate Babajide Sanwo-Olu’s in Ikoyi, Lagos, until a malfunctioning card reader is fixed.
According to THE NATION, an INEC official at the polling unit of the All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate Babajide Sanwo-Olu’s in Ikoyi, Lagos told voters at the ward that a technician was on the way.
He said voting could not commence with only one card reader.
There are two polling booths at the Lateef Jakande Avenue/Femi Okunnu, Ikoyi, polling unit, with 1100 registered voters.
“The malfunctioning card reader is booting, but refuses to start,” the officer told newsmen
Meanwhile, Sanwo-Olu is yet to arrive the unit.