- JUST IN: Atiku, PDP close case after calling 62 witnesses
- BREAKING: Court rejects Atiku’s returning officer’s request to amend statement
- BREAKING: I got presidential results from website, says Atiku’s witness
- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
The Registration Area Center (RAC) in Umuoghara was attacked by the unidentified hoodlums. The fire, it was gathered, destroyed sensitive and non sensitive materials to be used for today’s governorship and State House of Assembly elections.
The hoodlums also burnt down Community Secondary School Okposi Umuoghara in the area.
Eye witnesses told newsmen that the hoodlums arrived at the Community Secondary School, Okposi Unuoghara (07) in the area school around 6.30 a.m and started shooting sporadically.
They chased out INEC officials and voters who ran for their dear lives while they destroyed INEC sensitive materials.
The hoodlums also set ablaze the school building at Okposi Umuoghara(07), Ezza North Local government area.
When contacted, the Resident Electoral Commissioner, Prof Godswill Obioma said he would address the media later on the incident.
Police confirms burning of INEC office in Ebonyi.
The Police Command in Ebonyi on Saturday confirmed the burning of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) Registration Area Centre (RAC) in Ezza North LGA of Ebonyi by unidentified hoodlums.
The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Loveth Odah made the confirmation to newsmen in Abakaliki on Saturday, noting that she was rushing to the command to get more details.