- Despite condemning some PDP’s evidences, Tribunal voids Oyetola’s victory, declares Adeleke winner of Osun Governorship Election
- BREAKING: Collation of Bauchi governorship election results stopped by Court
- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
- INEC office burnt down in Imo before announcement of election results
- APC candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq wins Kwara gubernatorial polls, declared governor-elect
Ebonyi INEC office set ablaze on Election day
Suspected political thugs on Saturday morning attacked an Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, office in Ezza North local government area of Ebonyi state.
The Registration Area Center (RAC) in Umuoghara was attacked by the unidentified hoodlums. The fire, it was gathered, destroyed sensitive and non sensitive materials to be used for today’s governorship and State House of Assembly elections.
The hoodlums also burnt down Community Secondary School Okposi Umuoghara in the area.
Eye witnesses told newsmen that the hoodlums arrived at the Community Secondary School, Okposi Unuoghara (07) in the area school around 6.30 a.m and started shooting sporadically.
They chased out INEC officials and voters who ran for their dear lives while they destroyed INEC sensitive materials.
The hoodlums also set ablaze the school building at Okposi Umuoghara(07), Ezza North Local government area.
When contacted, the Resident Electoral Commissioner, Prof Godswill Obioma said he would address the media later on the incident.
Police confirms burning of INEC office in Ebonyi.
The Police Command in Ebonyi on Saturday confirmed the burning of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) Registration Area Centre (RAC) in Ezza North LGA of Ebonyi by unidentified hoodlums.
The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Loveth Odah made the confirmation to newsmen in Abakaliki on Saturday, noting that she was rushing to the command to get more details.