- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
The Registration Area Center (RAC) in Umuoghara was attacked by the unidentified hoodlums. The fire, it was gathered, destroyed sensitive and non sensitive materials to be used for today’s governorship and State House of Assembly elections.
The hoodlums also burnt down Community Secondary School Okposi Umuoghara in the area.
Eye witnesses told newsmen that the hoodlums arrived at the Community Secondary School, Okposi Unuoghara (07) in the area school around 6.30 a.m and started shooting sporadically.
They chased out INEC officials and voters who ran for their dear lives while they destroyed INEC sensitive materials.
The hoodlums also set ablaze the school building at Okposi Umuoghara(07), Ezza North Local government area.
When contacted, the Resident Electoral Commissioner, Prof Godswill Obioma said he would address the media later on the incident.
Police confirms burning of INEC office in Ebonyi.
The Police Command in Ebonyi on Saturday confirmed the burning of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) Registration Area Centre (RAC) in Ezza North LGA of Ebonyi by unidentified hoodlums.
The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Loveth Odah made the confirmation to newsmen in Abakaliki on Saturday, noting that she was rushing to the command to get more details.