- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to release Sowore in 24 hours
- BREAKING: Pipeline explosion at Gloryland Estate, Isheri
- BREAKING: Several injured in Lagos gas explosion
PHOTO: List of six suspected cultists who killed Fashola released by the Police
Two members of a dreaded cult group known as Aiye confraternity have been arrested by the Lagos State Police Command for allegedly killing a victim identified as Fashola in Bariga.
This was disclosed by the Spokesperson of the Lagos State Police Command, Bala Elkana on Sunday.
Bala Elkana revealed that two of the suspected cultists identified as Fatai Nofui and Qudus Kazeem were arrested by operatives of Operation Crush on Saturday around 8:15pm.
Fatai Nofui, 28-year-old also known as “Itape” lives in No 12 Ago Owu Street, Bariga while the other identified as Qudus Kazeem also known as Bobo lives in No 14 Tape street, Bariga.
The Police spokesperson further disclosed that the suspects were arrested at Ebute Bariga after a sustained monitoring.
According to Bala Elkana, “They are members of Aiye confraternity with allegiance to one Mohammed, alias “Obama” as their leader in Bariga. The gang is responsible for series of violent attacks, armed robbery and murder in Bariga and environs. They are on Police wanted list for the murder of one ” Fashola” on 3/11/2019 at Pedro area.
“Exhibits recovered from them include: an axe, a HTC phone, one Nokia, and one Intel phone they snatched from one Amusa Bukola of No 34 Odundi street Baroga. Investigation led to the arrest of four other members of the gang namely: Muiyis Saraki, alias ‘Bosingwa,’ age 23; Lucky Sunday, aged 2; David Okpa, alias “na god ” aged 29 and Taye Balogun, alias ‘Gbalagbala’ 24,” Elkana said.
He said investigation was ongoing and that the suspects will be charged to court.