- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
She was killed in revenge – Kogi Police confirms killing of PDP women leader
The Kogi State Police Command has confirmed the death of the PDP campaign woman leader who was reportedly burnt alive by angry thugs loyal to the All Progressives Congress (APC).
The PDP women leader identified as Mrs Acheju Abuh was burnt to death in Ochadamu, Ofu Local Government in Kogi state.
WITHIN NIGERIA had earlier reported that suspected political thugs have set ablaze Mrs Acheju Abuh, the Women Leader of PDP’s Wada/Aro Campaign Council while in her home at Ochadamu in Ofu local government area of Kogi state following last Saturday’s governorship election in the state.
This confirmation of the sad incident was made by the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, DSP Aya Williams.
Read the statement below:
CULPABLE HOMICIDE/MISCHIEF BY FIRE:
On 18/11/2019 at about 1630hrs, one Musa Etu of Ochadamu, Ofu LGA reported at the Station that, at about 1030 of same date, there was a misunderstanding between one Awolu Zekeri aged 35years member of APC and one Gowon Simeon a member of PDP both of Ochadamu.
In the process Gowon Simeon stabbed Awolu Zekeri with a knife on his Lap. He died on his way to the Hospital.
As a result, angry youths in the area mobilized to the house of one Simeon Abuh of same address who is an uncle to the suspect, set it a blazed, thereby burnt one Salome Abuh aged 60 years. Three other houses were equally burnt.
The corpse has been moved to the University Teaching Hospital Mortuary Anyigba for Autopsy. Meanwhile, the Police Mobile Force and Police Special Forces have been drafted to the area to prevent any breakdown of law and order. The investigation is ongoing