- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
Temitope Olatoye ‘Sugar’, as he is popularly referred to, a serving federal lawmaker representing Lagelu/Akinyele Federal Constituency in Oyo State, has been shot.
According to Sahara Reporters, Olatoye was shot by suspected thugs in Elesu village in Ward 13, Lalupon, Lagelu Local Government Area of Oyo State, on Saturday evening.
It was learnt that Olotoye was rushed to the Accident and Emergency Centre of the University College Hospital (UCH) in Ibadan.
A source in his village, who confirmed the incident to newsmen, said he was shot by persons suspected to be thugs.
“Mr. Olatoye Temitope, a.k.a., ‘Sugar’, has just been shot at his village in Lagelu area of Oyo State, but I can’t say if he was shot dead. He was shot in the eye by some of the thugs who stormed his area and they have rushed him to UCH here in Ibadan,” he said.
The lawmaker, who is a member of the Action Democratic Party (ADP), had contested in the February 23, 2019 national assembly poll for the Oyo State senatorial district seat, but lost to Teslim Folarin of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
Newsmen could not confirm at press time the authenticity of the report that he died after the incident.
Olugbenga Fadeyi, spokesperson of the Oyo State Police Command, confirmed the news but said he was yet to “get the facts of the story”.
“Well, I have not gotten the facts yet, but give me more time to confirm and I will get back to you,” he briefly told our reporter over the phone.