- BREAKING: Tragedy averted as Air Peace plane loses front tire, crash-lands in Lagos Airport [VIDEO]
- Breaking: Gunshots as Shi’ites return to the streets of Abuja
- BREAKING: House of Reps in rowdy session over El-Zakzaky, Shiites
- UPDATED: See full list of Buhari’s ministerial nominees
- UPDATED: Buhari appoints Akpabio, Keyamo, Fashola, 40 other ministers
- Buhari finally sends ministerial nominees list to Senate
- BREAKING: Multi-Million Naira Properties Destroyed As Ojodu Market Goes Ablaze
- BREAKING: Channels TV reporter shot during Shi’ites protest is dead
- Fatoyinbo vs Dakolos: IG orders case transfer to Lagos
- BREAKING: HDP closes case in petition against Buhari,INEC, APC
Temitope Olatoye ‘Sugar’, as he is popularly referred to, a serving federal lawmaker representing Lagelu/Akinyele Federal Constituency in Oyo State, has been shot.
According to Sahara Reporters, Olatoye was shot by suspected thugs in Elesu village in Ward 13, Lalupon, Lagelu Local Government Area of Oyo State, on Saturday evening.
It was learnt that Olotoye was rushed to the Accident and Emergency Centre of the University College Hospital (UCH) in Ibadan.
A source in his village, who confirmed the incident to newsmen, said he was shot by persons suspected to be thugs.
“Mr. Olatoye Temitope, a.k.a., ‘Sugar’, has just been shot at his village in Lagelu area of Oyo State, but I can’t say if he was shot dead. He was shot in the eye by some of the thugs who stormed his area and they have rushed him to UCH here in Ibadan,” he said.
The lawmaker, who is a member of the Action Democratic Party (ADP), had contested in the February 23, 2019 national assembly poll for the Oyo State senatorial district seat, but lost to Teslim Folarin of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
Newsmen could not confirm at press time the authenticity of the report that he died after the incident.
Olugbenga Fadeyi, spokesperson of the Oyo State Police Command, confirmed the news but said he was yet to “get the facts of the story”.
“Well, I have not gotten the facts yet, but give me more time to confirm and I will get back to you,” he briefly told our reporter over the phone.