- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
Mother who lost two children in Lagos School building collapse commits suicide
A mother, who lost her two children in the recent Lagos school building collapse, has committed suicide after she receiving news of the death of her children.
According to Newsmen, the traumatized woman who gave birth to the two children, who were between the ages of six and four, through Caesarean Section (CS), is said to have bought a bottle of insecticide called ‘Sniper’ and drank all of it.
“Nobody knew what she wanted to do with the Sniper. But a few minutes later we saw the bottle beside her where she was sleeping. By the time people got there she was already dead,” a neighbour, who craved anonymity, said.
Sympathisers thronged their house to condole with the husband and family members.
Meanwhile, a mother, Yetunde, whose son was injured, has been too traumatised by the sight of the boy lying critically on the hospital bed, that she has not sat down for over nine hours.
She was seen moving from one corner of the Lagos Island General Hospital to the other in search of the prescribed drugs and other things demanded by the doctors.
The boy survived the injuries and his two legs are in Plaster of Paris (POP).