- BREAKING: Tragedy averted as Air Peace plane loses front tire, crash-lands in Lagos Airport [VIDEO]
- Breaking: Gunshots as Shi’ites return to the streets of Abuja
- BREAKING: House of Reps in rowdy session over El-Zakzaky, Shiites
- UPDATED: See full list of Buhari’s ministerial nominees
- UPDATED: Buhari appoints Akpabio, Keyamo, Fashola, 40 other ministers
- Buhari finally sends ministerial nominees list to Senate
- BREAKING: Multi-Million Naira Properties Destroyed As Ojodu Market Goes Ablaze
- BREAKING: Channels TV reporter shot during Shi’ites protest is dead
- Fatoyinbo vs Dakolos: IG orders case transfer to Lagos
- BREAKING: HDP closes case in petition against Buhari,INEC, APC
Mother who lost two children in Lagos School building collapse commits suicide
A mother, who lost her two children in the recent Lagos school building collapse, has committed suicide after she receiving news of the death of her children.
According to Newsmen, the traumatized woman who gave birth to the two children, who were between the ages of six and four, through Caesarean Section (CS), is said to have bought a bottle of insecticide called ‘Sniper’ and drank all of it.
“Nobody knew what she wanted to do with the Sniper. But a few minutes later we saw the bottle beside her where she was sleeping. By the time people got there she was already dead,” a neighbour, who craved anonymity, said.
Sympathisers thronged their house to condole with the husband and family members.
Meanwhile, a mother, Yetunde, whose son was injured, has been too traumatised by the sight of the boy lying critically on the hospital bed, that she has not sat down for over nine hours.
She was seen moving from one corner of the Lagos Island General Hospital to the other in search of the prescribed drugs and other things demanded by the doctors.
The boy survived the injuries and his two legs are in Plaster of Paris (POP).