- JUST IN: Atiku, PDP close case after calling 62 witnesses
- BREAKING: Court rejects Atiku’s returning officer’s request to amend statement
- BREAKING: I got presidential results from website, says Atiku’s witness
- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
“My family thought I will drop out of Secondary School” – Helen Paul
Popular Nigerian comedian, Helen Paul, has revealed that her family members never thought she would complete her secondary school education.
Helen Paul who recently completed her PhD and bagged a Doctorate degree, has now explained why her family never expected her to go that far.
In a chat with, newsmen, the comedian said, her family expected her to drop out at secondary school level because she was very restless and playful She said;
“In my family, no one believed that I would complete secondary school education let alone attend university. My mother always told me that if I finished from secondary school with good grades, she would kill a cow because I was very restless and playful. When I finished from secondary school and took my result to her, I demanded my cow but she was not forthcoming so I asked for a chicken, but she simply told me she had cooked rice and that I should go and eat it.
“To motivate me the more, she said that I should complete my university education, and that is when she would believe that I had really achieved a feat in life.”