- BREAKING: Channels TV reporter shot during Shi’ites protest is dead
- Fatoyinbo vs Dakolos: IG orders case transfer to Lagos
- BREAKING: HDP closes case in petition against Buhari,INEC, APC
- JUST IN: Atiku, PDP close case after calling 62 witnesses
- BREAKING: Court rejects Atiku’s returning officer’s request to amend statement
- BREAKING: I got presidential results from website, says Atiku’s witness
- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
Nigerians have been making remarkable strides in the global fashion scene both as models and designers and 16-year-old female model. Janet Jumbo is no exception as she has become the first Nigerian to walk for renowned high fashion brand Louis Vuitton.
The budding model hails from Rivers state Nigeria and was born and brought up in Lagos state.
She took to social media to share exclusive photos from the show and thanked everyone that made it possible for her to achieve the milestone.
She said, “LOUIS VUITTON EXCLUSIVE Can’t believe I’m the first Nigerian model to walk for (@louisvuitton).
“I’m so grateful to everyone that made this happened (@raw_models) (@ashleybrokaw) (@nicolasghesquiere) (@imgmodels) I’m the happiest girl on the planet right now,” Jumbo said.
The Lagos-born was recruited on her way from church when a scout spotted her walking. She was then signed to Raw Models.
Celebrating the feat, Raw Models shared her story on their official Instagram page. They wrote,
“History has been made again.
“Scouted this amazing beauty on the street of Lagos on her way back from church with no clue of what awaits her.
“Today, Janet Jumbo is the first Nigerian model to walk the Louis Vuitton show exclusively. We feel nothing but all shades of happiness and we can’t contain it,” they wrote.
See more photos of Janet Jumbo;