- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
Football Fan Changes His Name To Favourite Club And Has Own Museum Dedicated To Them
A football fan has changed his middle name to show his dedication to his favourite club. Jon Derby Gjeilo, 56, who has supported Derby County in England since he was 12, also has a museum in his home dedicated to the Rams.
The father of three, who has a Derby registration plate, told Derbyshire Live : “I love Derby and the people here.
“In the 70s the Rams were the best team to support and I was the only one in my family to support them.”
Jon’s children Frikk, 29, Sondre, 27 and and Janne, 24, who all live near Oslo, Norway, are also Derby fans and go along to the games as much as they can.
Jon, who owns a sports shop and lives in a village called Lom in the Norwegian mountains, said his children “love the city of Derby” as much as he does.
He said: “We come here once a year for a holiday. It feels like coming home when I see Derby train station. “My dream is to buy a pub here, but I have my own story in Norway, so it is difficult.”