- Breaking: Tribunal rejects Atiku’s request to access INEC server
- JUST IN: Lawan’s SA on Media resigns
- Breaking: Two injured as building collapses in Lagos
- Breaking: Senate President, Ahmad Lawan withdraws appointment of media aide, Festus Adedayo
- Breaking: Tension in Bauchi Assembly as two Speakers emerge
- Breaking: Buhari appoints new GMD for NNPC
- Breaking: Abducted ex-minister’s son, Dayo Adewole, regains freedom
- Breaking: Buhari returns Ahmed Idris as AGF
- Breaking: Luis Enrique resigns as Spain’s coach
- Breaking: Fire guts Benue’s largest market
AFCON 2019 Qualifiers: Super Eagles Striker, Ighalo Finishes As Top Scorer
Super Eagles striker, Odion Ighalo, has finished the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying series, as the top scorer. Ighalo who plays for Chinese club Shanghai Shenhua, finished with seven goals. The Nigerian frontman netted one more goal than Fiston Abdul-Razak of Burundi, who scored six.
Ighalo bagged one against Seychelles, a brace against Libya, a hat-trick against Libya, and one against Seychelles in the final rounds to move top on the list. Eagles head coach, Gernor Rohr, will be banking on Ighalo to make an impact in this year’s competition, after Nigeria missed out on the last two tournaments in 2015 and 2017.