- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
- BREAKING: UAE sentence another 8 Nigerians to death for robbery, 1 jailed for possession of stolen money
- BREAKING: Nollywood Movie Director Ifeanyi Onyeabor Dies
- BREAKING: Fire outbreak destroys multi-million properties in Ibadan, Residents laments delayed Fire Service
- Photo of Ex-lawmaker, Igbo leader, Anthony Igboka who was assassinated in Anambra
- BREAKING: Tanker explodes in Gombe, kills 10 (photos)
- Many feared dead as armed robbers attack only Bank in Ondo Community
- BREAKING: Owerri Airport on fire, cause yet unknown (video)
- Maiduguri Bomb blast: Death toll hits 5, 30 others injured
- Suspended CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen finally resigns
BREAKING: Court adjourns El-Zakzaky’s trial indefinitely
The Kaduna State High Court has adjourned the trial of the leader of Islamic Movement in Nigeria (IMN), Ibrahim El-Zakzaky, and his wife, Zeenat, indefinitely. El-Zakzaky’s trial was due to continue on Monday.
However, the court explained that the adjournment followed the appointment of the trial judge, Justice Gideon Kurada, as a member of the Election Petition Tribunal in Yobe State. The IMN leader is currently facing trial over allegations of culpable homicide, unlawful assembly and disruption of public peace, among other charges. He had been denied bail by the presiding judge, Justice Kurada, during the last sitting on January 22, 2018.
In the application for bail filed by El-Zakzaky’s lawyer, Femi Falana, on his behalf at the last sitting, the legal practitioner prayed the court to give a mandatory order for his client and his wife to be flown abroad.