- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife moved to Abuja
Mother’s only child killed by truck as thug drags steering wheel with driver
An Ogun state-based woman, Temi Odejimi, is currently mourning the loss of her only child, 13 year old Michael, who was killed by a truck at Magboro bus stop in the state on Tuesday March 26th.
According to reports, Michael who is an SS2 student of the Suncity College, Magboro, Ogun State, was returning home from school on the day of the incident. Michael and other students boarded a tricycle that will take them to their bus stop. While the driver of the tricycle was waiting for one more passenger, thugs in the area popularly known as Agberos, flagged a truck driver down and demanded that he gave them N100. The driver refused and the thug climbed the car and began to struggle for the steering with the driver.
In the process, the driver lost control and rammed into the tricycle that Michael was inside. Sadly, Michael who would have turned 14 years old on April 5th, died on the spot.
Confirming the incident, the state police command spokesperson, Abimbola Oyeyemi, said the thug had been arrested.