- BREAKING: Over 10 people rescued in another ‘rehabilitation’ center in Kaduna
- BREAKING: ICPC declares Obono-Obla wanted
- BREAKING: Another attacks on Nigerians in South Africa
- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of 23 properties linked to Maina
- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of Saraki’s houses in Ikoyi
- BREAKING: Court Partially Varies Sowore, Bakare’s Bail Conditions, adjourns Case
- Three days after impeachment saga, Edward Onoja sworn-in as Kogi Deputy Governor
- BREAKING: Two critically injured as container falls in Onitsha
- BREAKING: Kogi Assembly confirms Onoja as Yahaya Bello’s deputy
- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
British Airways reacts to Audu Ogbeh’s claim of Nigerians importing Pizza from London
The British Airways has reacted to Minister of Agriculture, Audu Ogbeh’s claim of Nigerians importing pizza into the country.
Recall, Audu Ogbeh appeared before a senate committee on agriculture in Abuja to defend his ministry’s budget for 2019, disclosed that there are Nigerians who import pizza from London using their phones. The Minister who lamented over the “very annoying” rate at which Nigerians import goods from abroad, said these Nigerians import pizza from London which will be flown in by British Airways and picked up at the airport the following day.
He said: “Do you know, sir, that there are Nigerians who use their cellphones to import pizza from London; they buy in London and bring it on British Airways in the morning to pick up at the airport. It is a very annoying situation and we have to move a lot faster in cutting down some of these things. Toothpick every year costs us 18 million dollars; tomato paste costs us 400 million dollars. Meanwhile, a basket of tomatoes is less than N2,000.”
However British Airways who reacted to Audu Ogbeh’s claim of importing pizza from London to Nigeria, wrote;
Did someone say free pizza? Raj