- Breaking: Former Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi dies in court
- Breaking: AA suspends Okorocha‘s in-law
- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
I was mocked for my dark skin – Beverly Naya
Beverly Naya, has revealed that she was mocked and bullied for her dark skin, as she spoke on discrimination in the movie industry.
The British-Nigerian actress made this known as she opened up on her own experience while shooting her new documentary ‘Skin’.
Beverly Naya said she’s still in shock from what she gathered from some Nigerians, most especially, controversial cross dresser and bleaching cream merchant, Bobrisky while researching the documentary.
While recounting how she was mocked and bullied over her dark skin, she said, she is just contributing her own best to stop it. The actress said;
“As an industry, we need to diversify. As a person, I need to impact on people. I grew up in very difficult situation. I was bullied and mocked for my skin. Same problem is trending and I have to contribute my best to stop it.
“I interviewed about 30 people, including Bobrisky, for this project and I had the opportunity to travel to my home town, Delta, for the first time. I aim at being Nigeria’s prolific documentary expert.”