- Breaking: Senate President, Ahmad Lawan withdraws appointment of media aide, Festus Adedayo
- Breaking: Tension in Bauchi Assembly as two Speakers emerge
- Breaking: Buhari appoints new GMD for NNPC
- Breaking: Abducted ex-minister’s son, Dayo Adewole, regains freedom
- Breaking: Buhari returns Ahmed Idris as AGF
- Breaking: Luis Enrique resigns as Spain’s coach
- Breaking: Fire guts Benue’s largest market
- Breaking: Buhari signs Polytechnic, National Institute for Security bills into law
- JUST IN: Rufus Giwa Poly shut down indefinitely
- Just in: Buhari, APC govs meet in Aso Rock
Sad! Frustrated unemployed man found hanging on tree in Anambra
A 22-year-old man, Chika Alex-Chukwuezie committed suicide today April 2nd in Ubaekwem community in Ihiala Local government area of Anambra state.
The deceased who is said to be an active youth in the Umuezekwe political ward of Ihiala LGA, was found in the early hours of yesterday dangling from a mango tree.
The reason for committing suicide is yet unknown. A family member who preferred anonymity said;
“He was a single unemployed young man who had completed his SSS exams, with the hope to excel in business after schooling. One of his uncles also committed suicide at youthful age decades ago. The family had to subject itself to spiritual cleansing to avert recurrence of the unfortunate incident.”
The body of the deceased has since been thrown into the thick forest according to Igbo traditional rights. His relative said efforts are being made to bring in traditionalists who will cutoff the orange tree and sanctify the compound.
Confirming the incident, the state police command spokesperson, Harunna Muhammed, said investigation is ongoing to ascertain the circumstances surrounding the incident.