- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
Sad! Frustrated unemployed man found hanging on tree in Anambra
A 22-year-old man, Chika Alex-Chukwuezie committed suicide today April 2nd in Ubaekwem community in Ihiala Local government area of Anambra state.
The deceased who is said to be an active youth in the Umuezekwe political ward of Ihiala LGA, was found in the early hours of yesterday dangling from a mango tree.
The reason for committing suicide is yet unknown. A family member who preferred anonymity said;
“He was a single unemployed young man who had completed his SSS exams, with the hope to excel in business after schooling. One of his uncles also committed suicide at youthful age decades ago. The family had to subject itself to spiritual cleansing to avert recurrence of the unfortunate incident.”
The body of the deceased has since been thrown into the thick forest according to Igbo traditional rights. His relative said efforts are being made to bring in traditionalists who will cutoff the orange tree and sanctify the compound.
Confirming the incident, the state police command spokesperson, Harunna Muhammed, said investigation is ongoing to ascertain the circumstances surrounding the incident.