- Ballot snatching, shooting ruining ongoing Rivers bye-election
- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
Kogi director Haruna David slumps, dies in office
A Deputy Director in the Kogi Ministry of Education, Mr. Haruna David, suddenly collapsed and died in his office on Tuesday.
According to News Agency of Nigeria learnt in Lokoja, late David collapsed at about 3 p.m. He was immediately rushed to Federal Medical Centre, Lokoja, where he was pronounced dead by medical officials on duty.
Until his death, he worked in the Quality Assurance department of the ministry.
The deceased hailed from Ogugu, Olamaboro Local Government Area of the state and was the Unit Chairman of the ministry’s Association of Senior Civil Servants of Nigeria and Chairman, Lokoja branch of the Ogugu Development Association.
His corpse has been deposited at the morgue of the Federal Medical Centre, Lokoja.
The Public Relations Officer of Ministry of Education, Seidu Adamu, confirmed the incident but refused to comment further.