- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
- Bauchi Commissioner, Mahmood Abubakar is dead
Kogi director Haruna David slumps, dies in office
A Deputy Director in the Kogi Ministry of Education, Mr. Haruna David, suddenly collapsed and died in his office on Tuesday.
According to News Agency of Nigeria learnt in Lokoja, late David collapsed at about 3 p.m. He was immediately rushed to Federal Medical Centre, Lokoja, where he was pronounced dead by medical officials on duty.
Until his death, he worked in the Quality Assurance department of the ministry.
The deceased hailed from Ogugu, Olamaboro Local Government Area of the state and was the Unit Chairman of the ministry’s Association of Senior Civil Servants of Nigeria and Chairman, Lokoja branch of the Ogugu Development Association.
His corpse has been deposited at the morgue of the Federal Medical Centre, Lokoja.
The Public Relations Officer of Ministry of Education, Seidu Adamu, confirmed the incident but refused to comment further.