- 2019: Makarfi declares interest in presidency under PDP
- Offa Robbery: Another wanted suspect arrested
- Osinbajo escape death as chopper make emergency landing in Abuja
- Kogi director Haruna David slumps, dies in office
- One feared dead, former Reps member, Opeyemi Bamidele shot at Ado-Ekiti APC secretariat during reception for Kayode Fayemi
- Breaking: IPOB disowns sit-at-home order, tells Ndigbo to ignore Chika Edoziem group
- Manager of Dangote Cement plant, Deep Kamra, shot dead
- Dasuki granted fresh bail
- Senate finally passes 2018 budget
- PDP Chieftain, Bode George loses son to undisclosed ailment
Kogi director Haruna David slumps, dies in office
A Deputy Director in the Kogi Ministry of Education, Mr. Haruna David, suddenly collapsed and died in his office on Tuesday.
According to News Agency of Nigeria learnt in Lokoja, late David collapsed at about 3 p.m. He was immediately rushed to Federal Medical Centre, Lokoja, where he was pronounced dead by medical officials on duty.
Until his death, he worked in the Quality Assurance department of the ministry.
The deceased hailed from Ogugu, Olamaboro Local Government Area of the state and was the Unit Chairman of the ministry’s Association of Senior Civil Servants of Nigeria and Chairman, Lokoja branch of the Ogugu Development Association.
His corpse has been deposited at the morgue of the Federal Medical Centre, Lokoja.
The Public Relations Officer of Ministry of Education, Seidu Adamu, confirmed the incident but refused to comment further.