- Baba Sala’s friend, colleague, Ajimajasan dies few days apart
- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
Senate not the same without Dino Melaye — Senator Ben Bruce
‘I want Dino Melaye to come to the Senate on Wednesday even if he is on crutches, the Senate is not the same without him ‘, says Senator Ben Bruce.
Common sense senator, Ben Bruce has said the Nigerian Senate is not the same without embattled Senator, Dino Melaye who has been facing legal and health issues lately.
According to Ben Bruce, ‘I want @dino_melaye to come to the Senate on Wednesday even if he is on crutches. The @NGRSenate is not the same without Dino! We miss him. I know he is on crutches but I want him to come on Wednesday and I will stand with him’.
I want @dino_melaye to come to the Senate on Wednesday even if he is on crutches. The @NGRSenate is not the same without Dino! We miss him. I know he is on crutches but I want him to come on Wednesday and I will stand with him.
— Ben Murray-Bruce (@benmurraybruce) May 28, 2018
Senator Dino Melaye was earlier admitted to the Zanklin Hospital, Mabushi, Abuja, after he allegedly jumped off a moving police van at Area One Roundabout, Garki, in an attempt to prevent the police from taking him to Lokoja, Kogi State.
Dino Melaye was said to have engaged the policemen in a scuffle during which he sustained injury leading to his admission in the hospital.
The police were said to be taking him to Kogi State where they allegedly planned to parade him before the media along with six suspects for alleged gun running and criminal conspiracy.
A footage of Melaye’s encounter with his police escorts and subsequent hospital admission later appeared on the Internet.