- BREAKING: Channels TV reporter shot during Shi’ites protest is dead
- Fatoyinbo vs Dakolos: IG orders case transfer to Lagos
- BREAKING: HDP closes case in petition against Buhari,INEC, APC
- JUST IN: Atiku, PDP close case after calling 62 witnesses
- BREAKING: Court rejects Atiku’s returning officer’s request to amend statement
- BREAKING: I got presidential results from website, says Atiku’s witness
- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
Messi suffers swollen eye and broken nose against Manchester United
Lionel Messi suffered a swollen eye on collision with Chris Smalling in the UEFA Champions League round of eight first leg tie between Manchester United and Barcelona at Old Trafford.
The game which ended 1-0 saw Barcelona get an away goal advantage after an own goal by Luke Shaw in the 12th minute. Messi was smashed in the face e and Smallincontested for the ball leaving him with a swollen eye and broken nose.
The Argentine spent some time on the ground as medics did their work to ensure the bleeding stopped. Manchester United will now be heading to Camp Nou for the second leg in a bid to qualify for the semi-finals.