- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
- BREAKING: UAE sentence another 8 Nigerians to death for robbery, 1 jailed for possession of stolen money
- BREAKING: Nollywood Movie Director Ifeanyi Onyeabor Dies
- BREAKING: Fire outbreak destroys multi-million properties in Ibadan, Residents laments delayed Fire Service
- Photo of Ex-lawmaker, Igbo leader, Anthony Igboka who was assassinated in Anambra
- BREAKING: Tanker explodes in Gombe, kills 10 (photos)
- Many feared dead as armed robbers attack only Bank in Ondo Community
- BREAKING: Owerri Airport on fire, cause yet unknown (video)
- Maiduguri Bomb blast: Death toll hits 5, 30 others injured
Messi suffers swollen eye and broken nose against Manchester United
Lionel Messi suffered a swollen eye on collision with Chris Smalling in the UEFA Champions League round of eight first leg tie between Manchester United and Barcelona at Old Trafford.
The game which ended 1-0 saw Barcelona get an away goal advantage after an own goal by Luke Shaw in the 12th minute. Messi was smashed in the face e and Smallincontested for the ball leaving him with a swollen eye and broken nose.
The Argentine spent some time on the ground as medics did their work to ensure the bleeding stopped. Manchester United will now be heading to Camp Nou for the second leg in a bid to qualify for the semi-finals.