- Breaking: Buhari signs Polytechnic, National Institute for Security bills into law
- JUST IN: Rufus Giwa Poly shut down indefinitely
- Just in: Buhari, APC govs meet in Aso Rock
- Breaking: Former Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi dies in court
- Breaking: AA suspends Okorocha‘s in-law
- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
Veteran filmmaker Eddie Ugbomah critically ill, needs urgent assistance over unpaid medical bills
Veteran Nigerian filmmaker, Eddie Ugbomah, is reportedly down with a serious illness and he even faces eviction from the hospital due to unpaid medical bills.
The movie industry is what it is today due to the iconic works of some of the veterans in the industry. They no doubt paved the way for others to follow.
Despite their great achievements, they seem to have been forgotten by the newer generation as they wallow away in poor health and finances.
According to Facebook user, Shaibu Husseini, the veteran needs urgent and sustained medical attention.
It was gathered that the hospital responsible for his care is no longer interested in treating him over his inability to pay his bills.
Husseini who is obviously a big fan of the filmmaker added that the veteran should not be allowed to wallow away as he called on well-meaning Nigerians to come to Ugbomah’s aid.
The veteran film director and producer is responsible for making 13 celluloid films including the renowned Death of A Black President, The Rise and Fall of Oyenusi and Apalara, to mention a few.
We hope Nigerians come to his aid and he gets the much needed medical and financial assistance.