- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
The Bayelsa State Government on Friday buried the late Government House photographer, Reginald Dei and Ward Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Mr. Seidougha Taribi, who were reportedly killed by soldiers during the last elections in Southern Ijaw Local Government Area of the state.
Taribi was also a Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Grassroots Mobilization.
Governor Seriake Dickson who spoke during the commendation service in honour of the two young men in Yenagoa, said they were gruesomely murdered in their own home by yet to be identified soldiers during the last Presidential and National Assembly elections in Oweikoroagha, Southern Ijaw local government area.
A statement made available to newsmen by his Special Adviser on Media Relations, Mr. Fidelis Soriwei quoted Governor Dickson as having condemned the incessant deployment of state institutions to undermine the peace and stability of Bayelsa since 2015 for political reasons.
The Governor offered automatic employment to the young widows of the deceased and scholarship to the children they left behind.
The grieving Governor said the two corpses were clear evidence of the politically motivated killings perpetrated by leaders of the All Progressives Congress, APC in the state who had the backing on the Federal Government.
He said that it was absurd and indeed reprehensible for criminals to be given security cover in the residence of supposed APC leaders after committing brazen acts of criminality against the state as was the case in the murder of Dei and Seidougha.
The governor described the day of “the burial of the Oweikorogha two sons, as one of the saddest day of his administration as the duo were killed by soldiers who were taken to their residence by some Oweikorogha citizens to murder them.
Dickson lamented that the main culprits in the dastardly act boasted that he would go to the residence of an APC leader in Abuja to evade arrest by security men as if Abuja had become a sanctuary for killers.
The Governor urged the people of the state to remain calm and vigilant stating that, his administration would embark on what he called, ‘the Niger Delta Movement’ to mobilize people in their various communities on how to defend themselves as the Federal Government has failed in its primary responsibility of protecting lives and properties.
See more photos below.