- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
- BREAKING: UAE sentence another 8 Nigerians to death for robbery, 1 jailed for possession of stolen money
- BREAKING: Nollywood Movie Director Ifeanyi Onyeabor Dies
- BREAKING: Fire outbreak destroys multi-million properties in Ibadan, Residents laments delayed Fire Service
- Photo of Ex-lawmaker, Igbo leader, Anthony Igboka who was assassinated in Anambra
- BREAKING: Tanker explodes in Gombe, kills 10 (photos)
- Many feared dead as armed robbers attack only Bank in Ondo Community
- BREAKING: Owerri Airport on fire, cause yet unknown (video)
- Maiduguri Bomb blast: Death toll hits 5, 30 others injured
- Suspended CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen finally resigns
Football’s Strongest Player Who Is A Nigerian Talks About Joining Wrestling
Nigerian footballer who’s been labelled football’s strongest player, has admitted that stepping into the world of wrestling is a possibility. 36-year-old Adebayo Akinfenwa may well be considering what to do once his playing days are over. A meeting with Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson and the fact his kids are fans of the sport could play a role in a switch to the ring.
“We have had conversations,” he remarked about a jump to WWE on The Football Social. “I’m into WWE because my kids are.
“I got the chance to meet The Rock and we had a little conversation. “So watch this space, who knows.”
The striker is enjoying his third year with Wycombe, netting 17 goals en route to promotion and a League Two Player of the Season nomination in 2017/18.
When asked if he could beat The Rock, Akinfenwa was clear: “What? Of course, yeah.”
In discussing his wrestling name and signature move, he added: “It will just be something like Beast and I’ll have the Beast Slam, who knows.”