- JUST IN: Atiku, PDP close case after calling 62 witnesses
- BREAKING: Court rejects Atiku’s returning officer’s request to amend statement
- BREAKING: I got presidential results from website, says Atiku’s witness
- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
VIDEO: 15-Year-Old US Born Nigerian Football Star Reacts After Being Dropped From AFCON Squad
Multiple reports have it that Feyenoord teen sensation, Lateef Omidiji Jr who plays in Netherlands, might not be interested in playing for Nigeria again after previously switching allegiance from the United States.
This was after he was dropped from the Golden Eaglets list for African Cup of Nations AFCON U-17 to be held in Tanzania. The 15-year-old wonder kid deleted all pictures associating him with the Green and White National colours of Nigeria on Twitter and wrote; “move on wit international football…
According to reports, the family of the US born player believed that he has done enough to be included in the final list of 21 players for the tournament and suspected his exclusion was beyond football reasons.
Lateef is still eligible to play for USA and the Netherlands which he’s said to be really considering.
Lateef Omidiji Jr has made history as the first youngster to be called up to the Nigerian U-17 national team at age 15.
Omidiji Jr has been in the news and in the eye of many top scouts because of his footballing brightness alongside his crude ability to score goals.
Watch video of the youngster below.