- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
- BREAKING: UAE sentence another 8 Nigerians to death for robbery, 1 jailed for possession of stolen money
- BREAKING: Nollywood Movie Director Ifeanyi Onyeabor Dies
- BREAKING: Fire outbreak destroys multi-million properties in Ibadan, Residents laments delayed Fire Service
- Photo of Ex-lawmaker, Igbo leader, Anthony Igboka who was assassinated in Anambra
- BREAKING: Tanker explodes in Gombe, kills 10 (photos)
- Many feared dead as armed robbers attack only Bank in Ondo Community
- BREAKING: Owerri Airport on fire, cause yet unknown (video)
- Maiduguri Bomb blast: Death toll hits 5, 30 others injured
FG calls for the arrest of Innoson boss, Innocent Chukwuma
The Federal Government has urged the Federal High Court in Lagos to issue a bench warrant for Innocent Chukwuma, the chairman of Innoson Nigeria Limited, and two of his employees.
The men were charged by the police in a fraud case before Justice Ayokunle Faji, with an alleged N2.4billion shipping fraud. The case was later taken over by the attorney general of the federation.
The other two men named in the charge are Charles Chukwuma, Maximian Chukwura, Mitsui Osk Lines and Anajekwu Sunny.
The prosecution urged the court on Monday to order the arrest of Innoson Motors Chairman and his staff for failing to turn up to take their plea in the criminal charge.
Prosecuting Counsel Mr. Julius Ajakaiye urged the court to grant his application by ordering their arrest.
The defence counsel Chief George Uwechue (SAN) Prof. C. Mbadugha asked the court to dismiss the application. According to them, the court lacked jurisdiction to issue the warrant against the defendants “because they were not properly before the court”.