- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
Photos: Army couple , four others killed after heavy rainfall in Ghana
A military officer, his wife (also a soldier) and four others have been reported dead following Sunday’s April 15 torrential rains in Accra, Ghana. The soldier, according to the National Disaster Management Organization (NADMO) was driving a military pickup when he skidded off the Tema Motorway and ran into a drain.
There were two other passengers in the car with him including his wife and all of them are reported dead. Additionally, two other persons have been reported dead by NADMO.
NADMO has announced retrieving one body so far in Accra while still searching for the rest of the bodies.
The deaths occurred in Accra and along the Motorway after nearly three hours of rains. Two persons are also reported missing.