- Breaking: Fire guts Benue’s largest market
- Breaking: Buhari signs Polytechnic, National Institute for Security bills into law
- JUST IN: Rufus Giwa Poly shut down indefinitely
- Just in: Buhari, APC govs meet in Aso Rock
- Breaking: Former Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi dies in court
- Breaking: AA suspends Okorocha‘s in-law
- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
Photos: Army couple , four others killed after heavy rainfall in Ghana
A military officer, his wife (also a soldier) and four others have been reported dead following Sunday’s April 15 torrential rains in Accra, Ghana. The soldier, according to the National Disaster Management Organization (NADMO) was driving a military pickup when he skidded off the Tema Motorway and ran into a drain.
There were two other passengers in the car with him including his wife and all of them are reported dead. Additionally, two other persons have been reported dead by NADMO.
NADMO has announced retrieving one body so far in Accra while still searching for the rest of the bodies.
The deaths occurred in Accra and along the Motorway after nearly three hours of rains. Two persons are also reported missing.