- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Police raid another torture centre in Katsina
- BREAKING: Labour, Reps meeting failed to hold, as NLC seeks new date
- BREAKING: EFCC re-arraigns Atiku’s lawyer over $2m money laundering
- 18 days after kaduna house of horror, chained children found at religious centre in Daura
Xenophobia Retaliation: Nigerian Lady Cries Out After Her Store Gets Vandalized In Lagos
Earlier on, we reported that the attempt to burn a Shoprite branch in Lekki, Lagos was foiled by personnel of Nigerian police and other security personnel.
The incident occurred on the afternoon of Tuesday, September 3 at the Shoprite outlet by Jakande bus-stop. Following this, there were reports of shops getting looted in other parts of Lagos.
A Twitter user identified Lily Loveth took to social media to cry out after her her shop got vandalized and properties worth millions stolen.
Sharing photos of her destroyed shop, she wrote: “My store at Novare, Timekeepers Novare mall, Sangotedo, Lekki, has been broken into, looted and goods worth millions has been carted away with, this is getting out of hand, this happened this evening, am so sad.. Plz share this.”
“This is no longer protest against #Zenophobia it is now against the masses and innocent citizen of the country claimed to be fighting for… Plz help me share this. I work there and am going to be rendered jobless, am I a south african? My company is owned by a Nigerian.”
This is no longer protest against #Zenophobia it is now against the masses and innocent citizen of the country claimed to be fighting for… Plz help me share this. I work there and am going to be rendered jobless, am I a south african? My company is owned by a Nigerian
— Lily Loveth (@Love96047280) September 3, 2019