- BREAKING: Police rescued 15 hostages in another illegal reformation Centre in Adamawa
- BREAKING: Over 10 people rescued in another ‘rehabilitation’ center in Kaduna
- BREAKING: ICPC declares Obono-Obla wanted
- BREAKING: Another attacks on Nigerians in South Africa
- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of 23 properties linked to Maina
- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of Saraki’s houses in Ikoyi
- BREAKING: Court Partially Varies Sowore, Bakare’s Bail Conditions, adjourns Case
- Three days after impeachment saga, Edward Onoja sworn-in as Kogi Deputy Governor
- BREAKING: Two critically injured as container falls in Onitsha
- BREAKING: Kogi Assembly confirms Onoja as Yahaya Bello’s deputy
Xenophobia: Ikeja Shoprite Shut Down Over Attack In South Africa
Shoprite, located inside the Ikeja City Mall, Ikeja area of Lagos, has been shut following Xenophobic attack on Nigerians in South Africa.
The Shoprite management quickly shut down the edifice to prevent attack fearing that angry Nigerians may attack it.
Angry Nigerian youths had earlier displayed in from of the Ikeja Shoprite, condemning the attack on Nigerians in South Africa.
The presence of the angry youths was assumed to have pushed the management to shut down to avert a retaliation attack.
Some Nigerians who had gone to Shoprite to purchase wares met the placed closed up.
A statement from the management ealier today pasted on the wall stated it condemned xenophobic attack on Nigerians in South Africa.