- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
- JUST IN: Two storey building collapses in Warri
- Breaking: Tribunal strikes out petition challenging Faleke’s victory
- Just in: Ondo Assembly sacks interim council chairmen
- BREAKING: Senate adjourns plenary for 2 weeks
- Breaking: PDP, Atiku seek tribunal’s permission to inspect INEC’s server
Actor Yinka Quadri’s Aide, girlfriend lands in Police net for impersonating King Sunny Ade in a multi-million Scam
Yoruba actor, Yinka Quadri’s social aide arrested for using fake King Sunny Ade’ social media accounts to scam people
One Oluwafemi Lawrence Oyedokun, said to be the P.A to a actor Yinka Quadri, has been arrested for opening fake IG and Twitter accounts with the handle @kingsunnyademusic to advertise a fake U.S and U.K musical tour, and defrauding people of millions.
According to NewsmakersNG, Oyedokun, 27, was arrested alongside his girlfriend, Rebecca Oyebode, 23, and his friend, Oyewunmi Abiodun Ridwan, 27. The suspect absolved Quadri of any complicity in the crime and it was gathered that so far, the gang have defrauded about 100 unsuspecting victims and raked in millions of naira from them.
Reacting to the news, King Sunny Ade said, “People were always calling my number that they heard I was organising a tour. When it was getting too much for me, I had to call the police who helped me.
People were thinking I was the one doing it, and I’ve never done anything like that in my life. I’m a law-abiding citizen of this country. I came to the CP and he promised to investigate.”
Oyedokun allegedly opened several bank accounts and detectives have so far traced a total of N3,111,175 obtained from 61 victims. They also uncovered cash inflows ranging from 22 to 33 victims in a day, even as the suspects are in detention. The suspect, who dropped out of Osun State College of Education, Ilesha, in his second year as an English and political science student and once ran a blog named Hip-hop Gist, said he started impersonating KSA in March 2018.