- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
Anthony Joshua’s US debut is in doubt as opponent Jarrell ‘Big Baby’ Miller ‘fails drugs test’
British-Nigerian heavyweight champion, Anthony Joshua‘s American debut is now a doubt after his supposed opponent Jarrell ‘Big Baby’ Miller was reported to have failed a drugs test.
The 29-year-old was scheduled to fight Miller at New York’s Madison Square Garden on June 1.
ESPN, citing three people with knowledge of the situation, said 30-year-old Miller tested positive for banned muscle growth substance GW1516 on March 20. A second sample may now be tested.
The revelation of a negative finding for performance-enhancing drugs now leaves promoter Eddie Hearn looking for another heavyweight to face Anthony Joshua with six weeks to go.
This morning promoter Hearn Tweeted:
‘We have been informed by VADA that there has been an adverse finding in Jarrell Miller’s sample collected on March 20th, 2019. We are working with all relevant parties and will update with more details soon. AJ’s preparation continues for June 1st at MSG.’