- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
Anthony Joshua’s US debut is in doubt as opponent Jarrell ‘Big Baby’ Miller ‘fails drugs test’
British-Nigerian heavyweight champion, Anthony Joshua‘s American debut is now a doubt after his supposed opponent Jarrell ‘Big Baby’ Miller was reported to have failed a drugs test.
The 29-year-old was scheduled to fight Miller at New York’s Madison Square Garden on June 1.
ESPN, citing three people with knowledge of the situation, said 30-year-old Miller tested positive for banned muscle growth substance GW1516 on March 20. A second sample may now be tested.
The revelation of a negative finding for performance-enhancing drugs now leaves promoter Eddie Hearn looking for another heavyweight to face Anthony Joshua with six weeks to go.
This morning promoter Hearn Tweeted:
‘We have been informed by VADA that there has been an adverse finding in Jarrell Miller’s sample collected on March 20th, 2019. We are working with all relevant parties and will update with more details soon. AJ’s preparation continues for June 1st at MSG.’