- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
Fresh crisis looms in APC as North Central rejects Gbajabiamila, zoning
A fresh crisis is now looming in the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), over the zoning of the Speakership of the 9th National Assembly, to the South-West geo-political zone of the country.
APC on Tuesday, zoned the position to the South-West and micro zoned it to Lagos. The party went on to announce Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila as the adopted candidate of the party for the position.
However, addressing newsmen in Abuja at the National Assembly on Wednesday, the North Central Caucus of the APC in the House of Representatives rejected the arrangement, describing it as unfair and undemocratic which it said will not stand the text of the time.
The Caucus declared that zoning of the position to the South-West was not fair and at the detriment of the Central Zone, which has neither produced Speaker nor the Deputy since 1999.
According to the Caucus, “we are therefore appealing to the Party to have a rethink and rezone the Speakership to the North Central for justice and fair play.”
However, the leader of the Caucus, who addressed the Press, Hon John Dyegh, flanked by other members announced his intention to vie for the position and rolled a seven-point agenda to pursue if elected the Speaker.