- BREAKING: Channels TV reporter shot during Shi’ites protest is dead
- Fatoyinbo vs Dakolos: IG orders case transfer to Lagos
- BREAKING: HDP closes case in petition against Buhari,INEC, APC
- JUST IN: Atiku, PDP close case after calling 62 witnesses
- BREAKING: Court rejects Atiku’s returning officer’s request to amend statement
- BREAKING: I got presidential results from website, says Atiku’s witness
- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
Jarell Miller breaks silence after failing drug test ahead of fight with Anthony Joshua
Jarell Miller has broken silence after a drug test he failed places his bout with world heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua in jeopardy.
The bout which would have been Anthony Joshua’s US debut was scheduled to take place in June 1 at Madison Square Garden in New York.
Failing the drug test sees Jarell Miller failing to get a licence from the New York State Athletic Commission to fight IBF, WBA and WBO champion, Joshua.
He wrote on Instagram:
“I want to thank all of my supporters who have stood by me since day one and especially during this extremely difficult time.
“I have not been tuned in to social media and any other media outlets to focus and channel all of my energies into working hard with no distractions.
“I am absolutely devastated upon hearing the news my boxing license has been revoked in NY State and I will be vigorously appealing this decision. I have NEVER knowingly taken any banned substance and when I found out the news last night I was totally shocked.
“My team and I stand for integrity, decency and honesty and together we will stand to fight this with everything we have!
“This was a voluntarily test that I was very happy to do and these results came just one week after another voluntarily test that I had taken which was completely clean. I refuse to just lie down and let my dream be taken away from me when I know in my heart that I’ve done nothing wrong.
“15 years of hard work. I’m WARRIOR .. I don’t need a banned substance.
“Remember don’t believe everything you hear and see. The facts will prevail and I shall be vindicated. I don’t have anything to hide and the truth will make itself known.”