- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
- Bauchi Commissioner, Mahmood Abubakar is dead
I can knock Anthony Joshua out in Cardiff, says Joseph Parker
I can outbox Anthony Joshua, Joseph Parker has insisted as he eyes victory in their heavyweight title fight on March 31, Skysports reports.
Joseph Parker, who holds the WBO belt, and Joshua, who holds the IBF and WBA ‘super’ belts, will put their titles on the line when they clash at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff next month.
Joshua is the clear favourite for the fight, but New Zealander Parker is confident he can upset the odds.
He said, “I can outbox Anthony Joshua. I think I have the skills to outbox him but I haven’t really shown that. That’s why I’m excited – this is a big stage to put on the best performance of my life.
“I can knock him out. I can outbox him. Words can’t explain how excited we are.
“We’re fighting in his backyard and we’re fighting another champion who’s undefeated. That makes it a great fight.
“But also the opportunity to fight in front of 80,000 people. A lot of people say it’s going to be overwhelming and I’m going to be nervous and scared. But I see it differently. I see it as us making the most of the occasion.”
Parker’s trainer Kevin Barry is equally confident his man can beat Joshua when the two boxers put their unbeaten records on the line.
He said, “It won’t matter if there’s 800, 8,000 or 80,000 people at this fight. It will be the same Joseph Parker that walks to the ring. I’m not one bit worried about the occasion getting to him.
“He wins the fight with speed and movement. He wins the fight with a higher level of skill. Parker has far better skill than Anthony Joshua. He has a far better selection of punches. He is very durable.
“If the best Joseph Parker turns up, we will leave the ring with all the belts.”