- Photo of Ex-lawmaker, Igbo leader, Anthony Igboka who was assassinated in Anambra
- BREAKING: Tanker explodes in Gombe, kills 10 (photos)
- Many feared dead as armed robbers attack only Bank in Ondo Community
- BREAKING: Owerri Airport on fire, cause yet unknown (video)
- Maiduguri Bomb blast: Death toll hits 5, 30 others injured
- Suspended CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen finally resigns
- BREAKING: PDP wins all three Senatorial Districts in Rivers
- Trouble for BIAFRA as Court orders Nnamdi Kanu’s arrest
- BREAKING: Court adjourns El-Zakzaky’s trial indefinitely
- INEC result TV Interpreter, Peter Oyekale stabbed, hospitalized (photos)
Tenant stabs landlord to death after minor disagreements in Adamawa
A landlord, Adamu Bello, has been killed by his tenant in Ganye Sumi community in the Ganye Local Government Area of Adamawa State during a disagreement.
The Landlord was stabbed to death in the chest last Thursday by the tenant, identified only as Yusuf, otherwise called Likita.
It was gathered that it was the members of the local vigilance group acting on a tip-off from the family who arrested the suspect. He was thereafter handed over to the police.
Northern City News learnt that the suspect had been taken into custody, where he was being interrogated by the Homicide Section of the Criminal Investigation Department at the Police Command Headquarters, Yola.
The younger brother of the deceased, Abubakar, explained how the disagreement came about.
He said, “My brother and Yusuf had been having minor disagreements. But on Thursday, Yusuf sent someone to the house to fetch him some drugs. The person barged into the house and the landlord, my brother, rebuked him for barging into the house without taking permission.
“The man later relayed the incident to Yusuf. When he returned home, he started threatening the landlord. Yusuf, who vowed to deal with the landlord, also said this was the second time his clients would be subjected to undue harassment by the landlord.
“The next thing we noticed was Yusuf saying he would teach my brother a lesson. He then reached under his cloak and took out a knife which he used to stab the landlord in the stomach. His intestine poured out and blood started gushing.”
The Police Public Relations Officer, Adamawa State Police Command, Othman Abubakar, could not yet be reached for comment as of press time.