- Breaking: Fire guts Benue’s largest market
- Breaking: Buhari signs Polytechnic, National Institute for Security bills into law
- JUST IN: Rufus Giwa Poly shut down indefinitely
- Just in: Buhari, APC govs meet in Aso Rock
- Breaking: Former Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi dies in court
- Breaking: AA suspends Okorocha‘s in-law
- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
Tenant stabs landlord to death after minor disagreements in Adamawa
A landlord, Adamu Bello, has been killed by his tenant in Ganye Sumi community in the Ganye Local Government Area of Adamawa State during a disagreement.
The Landlord was stabbed to death in the chest last Thursday by the tenant, identified only as Yusuf, otherwise called Likita.
It was gathered that it was the members of the local vigilance group acting on a tip-off from the family who arrested the suspect. He was thereafter handed over to the police.
Northern City News learnt that the suspect had been taken into custody, where he was being interrogated by the Homicide Section of the Criminal Investigation Department at the Police Command Headquarters, Yola.
The younger brother of the deceased, Abubakar, explained how the disagreement came about.
He said, “My brother and Yusuf had been having minor disagreements. But on Thursday, Yusuf sent someone to the house to fetch him some drugs. The person barged into the house and the landlord, my brother, rebuked him for barging into the house without taking permission.
“The man later relayed the incident to Yusuf. When he returned home, he started threatening the landlord. Yusuf, who vowed to deal with the landlord, also said this was the second time his clients would be subjected to undue harassment by the landlord.
“The next thing we noticed was Yusuf saying he would teach my brother a lesson. He then reached under his cloak and took out a knife which he used to stab the landlord in the stomach. His intestine poured out and blood started gushing.”
The Police Public Relations Officer, Adamawa State Police Command, Othman Abubakar, could not yet be reached for comment as of press time.