- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
Nigerian Coach Suspended For A Year After Punching Goalkeeper In The Face
The Organisers of the Nigeria Professional Football League, The LMC has hand a year suspension to Sunshine Stars coach, Kayode Julius.
The embattled coach was reported to have punched Lobi Stars goalkeeper Ospino Egbe before the kick off of the rescheduled Nigeria Professional Football League match between Sunshine Stars and Lobi Stars in Akure, Ondo state last Thursday.
Julius, took violence to another level in an attempt to intimidate Lobi Stars before kick off (during warm-up) and landed a blow to the face of Stars goalkeeper Ospino Egbe, thereby leaving a cut on the former MFM FC shot-stopper’s face. Lobi Stars were forced to make a replacement for the player who was planned for a starting spot.
The League Management company has now suspend the Owena Waves gaffer from all Nigeria Professional Football League match venues and related activities for the period of one year.
The suspension starts with immediate effect and it means that Kayode Julius who had earlier been suspended indefinite by the Club’s management after the incident is not expected to be on bench for the rest of the year.