- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to release Sowore in 24 hours
- BREAKING: Pipeline explosion at Gloryland Estate, Isheri
Nigerian Coach Suspended For A Year After Punching Goalkeeper In The Face
The Organisers of the Nigeria Professional Football League, The LMC has hand a year suspension to Sunshine Stars coach, Kayode Julius.
The embattled coach was reported to have punched Lobi Stars goalkeeper Ospino Egbe before the kick off of the rescheduled Nigeria Professional Football League match between Sunshine Stars and Lobi Stars in Akure, Ondo state last Thursday.
Julius, took violence to another level in an attempt to intimidate Lobi Stars before kick off (during warm-up) and landed a blow to the face of Stars goalkeeper Ospino Egbe, thereby leaving a cut on the former MFM FC shot-stopper’s face. Lobi Stars were forced to make a replacement for the player who was planned for a starting spot.
The League Management company has now suspend the Owena Waves gaffer from all Nigeria Professional Football League match venues and related activities for the period of one year.
The suspension starts with immediate effect and it means that Kayode Julius who had earlier been suspended indefinite by the Club’s management after the incident is not expected to be on bench for the rest of the year.