- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
- BREAKING: APC has no guber candidate for Bayelsa election, Court declares
- BREAKING: Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: We are ready to release Sowore – DSS
- BREAKING: Barely 24hrs after Oshiomhole Suspension, Edo APC suspends Edo Governor, Godwin Obaseki, Deputy Gov, SSG
- BREAKING: DSS disperses protesters seeking Sowore’s release
- BREAKING: Court threatens to strike out charge against Diezani
37-yr-old Nigerian Woman lands in trouble in Hong Kong after concealing drugs in her private part
Nigerian Woman Arrested In Hong Kong With Cocaine Hidden In Her Private Part
Custom officers at Hong Kong International Airport recovered more than half of a kilogram of cocaine from a Nigerian traveller who had allegedly hidden the drug in her body.
The 37-year-old Nigerian arrived in the city on a flight from Lagos via Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Customs officers intercepted the suspect, who claimed to be a businesswoman and was said to be acting suspiciously, shortly after her arrival on Thursday.
She was taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Yau Ma Tei for a check-up and confirmed to have foreign objects in her body.
Officers first recovered 215 grams of cocaine contained in condoms and plastic bags found in her private part. She later discharged 24 capsules of cocaine, each weighing 14 grams, from her body.
The haul, weighing 550 grams in total, was estimated to be worth HK$522,000 (US$66,900).
The authorities said the woman, who was detained for inquiries, may discharge more drugs.