- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
37-yr-old Nigerian Woman lands in trouble in Hong Kong after concealing drugs in her private part
Nigerian Woman Arrested In Hong Kong With Cocaine Hidden In Her Private Part
Custom officers at Hong Kong International Airport recovered more than half of a kilogram of cocaine from a Nigerian traveller who had allegedly hidden the drug in her body.
The 37-year-old Nigerian arrived in the city on a flight from Lagos via Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Customs officers intercepted the suspect, who claimed to be a businesswoman and was said to be acting suspiciously, shortly after her arrival on Thursday.
She was taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Yau Ma Tei for a check-up and confirmed to have foreign objects in her body.
Officers first recovered 215 grams of cocaine contained in condoms and plastic bags found in her private part. She later discharged 24 capsules of cocaine, each weighing 14 grams, from her body.
The haul, weighing 550 grams in total, was estimated to be worth HK$522,000 (US$66,900).
The authorities said the woman, who was detained for inquiries, may discharge more drugs.