- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
37-yr-old Nigerian Woman lands in trouble in Hong Kong after concealing drugs in her private part
Nigerian Woman Arrested In Hong Kong With Cocaine Hidden In Her Private Part
Custom officers at Hong Kong International Airport recovered more than half of a kilogram of cocaine from a Nigerian traveller who had allegedly hidden the drug in her body.
The 37-year-old Nigerian arrived in the city on a flight from Lagos via Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Customs officers intercepted the suspect, who claimed to be a businesswoman and was said to be acting suspiciously, shortly after her arrival on Thursday.
She was taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Yau Ma Tei for a check-up and confirmed to have foreign objects in her body.
Officers first recovered 215 grams of cocaine contained in condoms and plastic bags found in her private part. She later discharged 24 capsules of cocaine, each weighing 14 grams, from her body.
The haul, weighing 550 grams in total, was estimated to be worth HK$522,000 (US$66,900).
The authorities said the woman, who was detained for inquiries, may discharge more drugs.