- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
Bishop Oyedepo shakes big table, says ‘African leaders are intellectually bankrupt’
The Founder, Living Faith Church Worldwide, Bishop David Oyedepo, has said African leaders are intellectually bankrupt.
The man of God said this during Covenant University’s 20th inaugural lecture at the university premises on Thursday.
Bishop Oyedepo lamented that African leaders do not build institutions that would outlive them, unlike what is obtainable in the West.
“It is unfortunate that many of our leaders are intellectually bankrupt,”
“When confronted with some of these beautiful initiatives, it is very shameful that they often don’t know the meaning.
“And if they don’t know the meaning, how will they go about implementation?”
“I have often said it that our leaders lack three Cs-capacity, courage and character.
“Where is the capacity when you are bereft of intellect required of a leader? Where is the courage when you don’t have the political will to follow through with policies that will improve governance?
“And where is the character when all they are thinking is how to win election as many times as possible while ignoring developmental initiatives?”
However, Oyedepo said not only leaders are culpable, as the led are as much guilty for looking the other way for a very long period.