- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
Nigerian man jumps off Storey building in a bid to evade arrest in Italy
A 24-year-old Nigerian migrant is said to be in critical condition after he jumped from the fourth floor of a building during police chase in Vicenza, Italy.
It was gathered that the Nigerian man was stopped by the police for a routine check and on sighting the officers, the young man allegedly fled and was given a hot pursuit.
The Nigerian man ran into a building to hide from the police who were chasing him. After realizing that there was no escape for him, he allegedly jumped from the fourth floor of the building in a bid to evade arrest.
The Nigerian is said to be hospitalized and in a serious condition. A police officer was also injured due to a fall during the pursuit.
Accrording to reports, the Nigerian during the pursuit, threw away about 25 grams of marijuana he had with him before he allegedly jumped down from the building.
See excerpt from the report below.