- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
Police officer reportedly shoots himself dead after killing 2, over girlfriend
A police officer has reportedly shot himself dead after killing 2 people with an AK47 rifle over issues with his girlfriend whom he accused of cheating on him. The shooting incident reportedly happened in Lusaka’s Chainama area in Zambia.
The late officer identified as Constable Jackson Mwanza, purportedly sponsored his girlfriend identified as Christine Mulenga in school from grade 10 to college, according to a friend of the late police officer. His acts were reportedly influenced by “betrayal” from the girlfriend.
According to the friend, it was three weeks ago when they (him and his girlfriend) moved out from a rented property after Mwanza encountered financial challenges and failed to pay rent.
Mwanza accumulated debts to sponsor his girlfriend Christine Mulenga. This is how he became financially crippled. However, after Mwanza was chased from the house he was living in, he became homeless but was squatting with his colleagues. His girlfriend went to live with her friend who was shot on her arm. It is at the same house where Christine Mulenga allegedly began to cheat on Mwanza with a mechanic who was shot dead by the late officer. .
At Chainama College, Christine was said to be dating another student who was also stabbed in his head. Currently, Christine Mulenga is in custody at Central Police where the police are questioning her about what transpired exactly.