- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
14-Year-Old Female Athlete Who Set New 400M Record Becomes N1Million Richer
The reigning National 400M female gold medalist and new record holder, Imaobong Nse Uko from Ibeno Local Government Area – became one million naira rich courtesy of Akwa Ibom State Government.
Imaobong Nse Uko, a 14 year old athlete discovered in the second edition of Akwa Ibom youth sports festival set a new national record of 52:35 at the last National Sports Festival in Abuja.
Making the donation yesterday on behalf of Mr. Udom Emmanuel, Akwa Ibom State Governor, the Commissioner for Youth and Sport, Sir. Monday Ebong Uko said Akwa Ibom Youth Sports discovered Imaobong Uko which broke a world record.
Uko who was making the remarks during a press briefing on the 3rd Akwa Ibom Youth Sports Festival said he does not have any doubt in the gains of the sport festival.
The coach of Miss Imaobong Uko was gifted two hundred thousand naira by the state government.
Uko further said the third Sports Festival will kick start on Sunday May 19th to Thursday May 24th at the Nest of Champions Uyo.
Highpoint of the briefing was the presentation of prize monies to winners of 2nd Akwa Ibom Youth Sports Festival.