- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
Baby rescued after being buried alive by mother
A 10-month-old baby girl was rescued in a bush in Ghana after she was buried alive by her mother.
According to reports, the baby girl is battling for her life in a hospital after her mother buried her in a forest at Krobo-akye near Senya Breku in the Central region of Ghana.
According to witnesses who spoke with Adom News, they heard cries and followed the sound only to find the baby girl buried in a makeshift grave in the bush. One of the residents, Yaa Grace said they quickly alerted the police leading to her rescue.
The Senya Breku District Police Commander, DSP Matthew Boamponsem said the baby was dehydrated so they rushed her to the hospital for medical attention.
He added that, the police has also mounted a man-hunt for the mother who committed the heinous crime. He said the baby has been sent to the hospital for treatment while the police are trying hard to arrest the mother.
Meanwhile, the Medical Officer in-charge of the Senya Breku Heath Centre, Dr Victor Saidu Issifu said the baby is in critical condition.
He explained that, she has bacterial infection, especially in her private part due to the number of hours spend underground. This notwithstanding, Dr Issifu said they are doing everything possible to save her life.