- BREAKING: Tottenham appoint Jose Mourinho as manager
- BREAKING: Buhari receives Lyon in Aso Rock
- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
Baby rescued after being buried alive by mother
A 10-month-old baby girl was rescued in a bush in Ghana after she was buried alive by her mother.
According to reports, the baby girl is battling for her life in a hospital after her mother buried her in a forest at Krobo-akye near Senya Breku in the Central region of Ghana.
According to witnesses who spoke with Adom News, they heard cries and followed the sound only to find the baby girl buried in a makeshift grave in the bush. One of the residents, Yaa Grace said they quickly alerted the police leading to her rescue.
The Senya Breku District Police Commander, DSP Matthew Boamponsem said the baby was dehydrated so they rushed her to the hospital for medical attention.
He added that, the police has also mounted a man-hunt for the mother who committed the heinous crime. He said the baby has been sent to the hospital for treatment while the police are trying hard to arrest the mother.
Meanwhile, the Medical Officer in-charge of the Senya Breku Heath Centre, Dr Victor Saidu Issifu said the baby is in critical condition.
He explained that, she has bacterial infection, especially in her private part due to the number of hours spend underground. This notwithstanding, Dr Issifu said they are doing everything possible to save her life.