- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
Keep ‘Yahoo Yahoo’ in Nigeria, don’t implicate our Youth — Ghanaian Actress, Haillie Sumney
Ghanaian actress, Haillie Sumney has advised Nigerians not to affect her country Ghana with their ongoing debate about internet fraud – also known as ”Yahoo Yahoo”.
Haillie Sumney made this known in reaction to a controversy sparked by singer Naira Marley who urged Nigerians to pray for Yahoo boys.
In her Instagram post, she wrote:
“Biko you ppl keep this your Yahoo Yahoo to yourself in Naija and not corrupt our Ghanaian Youths o.”
Recall that singer, Naira Marley sparked controversy on social media after he urged Nigerians to pray for Yahoo boys.
In a video, he said:
“All you guys, all the money in your pockets, all the money you spend, you think it’s the government that is making the money go round? You better sit down and pray for yahoo boys. If them stop yahoo, the money would not pass you guys”, he said.
Naira Marley concluded by saying that without the internet fraudsters, money will only be circulating in the circle of the elite whose names he mentioned.
“The money will go like this, from Obasanjo to Tinubu, from Tinubu to Mr Japa, you think me I need Yahoo?
I make money from my music.”
Meanwhile, barely 48 hours after Naira Marley received backlash for attempting to use slavery to justify internet fraud, the rapper is set to release a song to glorify the illegal act, known as ‘Yahoo Yahoo’ in Nigeria.