- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
Keep ‘Yahoo Yahoo’ in Nigeria, don’t implicate our Youth — Ghanaian Actress, Haillie Sumney
Ghanaian actress, Haillie Sumney has advised Nigerians not to affect her country Ghana with their ongoing debate about internet fraud – also known as ”Yahoo Yahoo”.
Haillie Sumney made this known in reaction to a controversy sparked by singer Naira Marley who urged Nigerians to pray for Yahoo boys.
In her Instagram post, she wrote:
“Biko you ppl keep this your Yahoo Yahoo to yourself in Naija and not corrupt our Ghanaian Youths o.”
Recall that singer, Naira Marley sparked controversy on social media after he urged Nigerians to pray for Yahoo boys.
In a video, he said:
“All you guys, all the money in your pockets, all the money you spend, you think it’s the government that is making the money go round? You better sit down and pray for yahoo boys. If them stop yahoo, the money would not pass you guys”, he said.
Naira Marley concluded by saying that without the internet fraudsters, money will only be circulating in the circle of the elite whose names he mentioned.
“The money will go like this, from Obasanjo to Tinubu, from Tinubu to Mr Japa, you think me I need Yahoo?
I make money from my music.”
Meanwhile, barely 48 hours after Naira Marley received backlash for attempting to use slavery to justify internet fraud, the rapper is set to release a song to glorify the illegal act, known as ‘Yahoo Yahoo’ in Nigeria.