- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
Deaf Man Weds Deaf Woman In Anambra State (Photos)
Governor Willie Obiano says his administration will continue to give priority to persons living with Disabilities in Anambra State.
The governor gave this assurance at the wedding of Mr Ezemba Ndubueze and Udousoro Comfort both of whom are Deaf, at the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Enugwu Nanka in Orumba NorthLocal Government Area.
Speaking at the wedding that attracted members of the Joint National Association of Persons Living with Disabilities, friends, government officials, relatives and well wishers, Governor Willie Obiano represented by his Senior Special Assistant on Disability Matters Barr.
Chuks Ezewuzie urged the new couple to make God the cornerstone of their marriage and explained that Governor is promoting the study of sign language while he continues to place emphasis on the well-being of persons living with disabilities, pointing out that the passage of the Disability Rights Act in Anambra state would ensure that persons with disabilities enjoy all the benefits other normal individuals are benefiting.
Governor Obiano further charged them to key into all the disability policies and programmes his administration has put in place for them and called on them to love each other as well as pray together at all times to have a peaceful, successful and fruitful union.
The couple Mr and Mrs Ndubueze through sign communication appreciated God for making the day a reality, and thanked Governor Willie Obiano as well as those that attended the wedding, asking God to bless them all.
The Special Assistant to the Governor on Sign Language Communication Mr Joseph Collins was on ground to make communication at the wedding stress free.