- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
Why Davido Is The Biggest Musician In Africa Right Now
We don’t have to measure Davido’s past wins to agree he’s the most-sought after musician in Africa right now, we have to give it to him as deserved
Whether we like it or not, we have to give all the ovations to Davido; this eventful past week has placed the singer above his colleagues in the music industry.
This past week was one of the most successful weeks for the multiple award-winning singer. Davido in a week shook the world and cleared all doubts that he has been working underground to reclaim the number one spot in Africa without making any noise about his moves.
His collaborations with Russ, Sean Kingston and one of Ghana’s biggest music exports, Medikal, hit his fans very hard without anyone seeing them coming until their arrival. Davido simply gave the industry results with no prior announcement. What a move!
Davido’s collaboration with American rapper, singer, songwriter and record producer, Russ on ‘All I Want’ garnered a million views on video streaming platform, YouTube within 24 hours, this is a feat only OBO has achieved in the industry and the song is on its way to becoming the biggest collaboration in 2019.
His duet with Jamaican-American singer, Sean Kingston alongside Canadian singer and songwriter, Tory Lanez, is a song that sends chills down ones spine which eventually results to ‘Peace of Mind’, while the unexpected collaboration with Medikal on ‘Father’ is a tune to get you in the mood of thanksgiving, Davido joined the afro-beat track, bringing down his energetic vibes to a relatively slow-tempo gospel-like lyricism.
Another big win for OBO over the weekend was his surprise performance at Idris Elba’s wedding. Although, he was Already slated to headline the ‘Coming to America Festival’ on Saturday, April 27, the ‘Fall’ crooner made a quick stop at Idris’ wedding to Sabrina Dhowre in Morocco a day before the US concert, April 26. According to Davido’s international manager Efe Ogbeni, the bridegroom specially requested for Davido’s presence, the Nigerian superstar did his magic and stole the show at the Hollywood act’s destination wedding.
We saw the likes of Christian Louboutin, Idris and his wife and many others present at the colourful wedding, dancing to Davido’s music as he thrills them all. The excitement displayed by luxury designer Christian Louboutin was priceless, even more irreplaceable when the ‘Assurance’ crooner showed the French fashion mogul he was rocking a footwear from his collections – you need to see Louboutin’s expression!.
— Adeyinka Oluwamayowa (@MrSEPTIN911) April 28, 2019
We don’t have to measure Davido’s past wins to agree he’s the most-sought after musician in Africa right now, we have to give it to him as deserved. Lest I forget, he was also seen in the studio with revered American artistes, Meek Mill whom he collaborated with on ‘Fans Mi’ in 2015 and Jason Derulo.