- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
Jilted Boyfriend who killed 5 girlfriend’s family members by fire in Ondo has been arrested
The Ondo State Police Command has arrested Deji Adenuga, the ex-convict who set his ex-girlfriend, Titi Sanumi’s home ablaze, killing eight members of her family.
A 40 year-old man identified as Deji Adenuga who allegedly set ablaze his girlfriend’s family house at Ayeka Igbodigo in Okitipupa Local Government area of Ondo State has been arrested by the police.
The suspect was arrested at his hideout in Ijebu Ode, Ogun State after he fled Ondo State in order to evade arrest. He was arrested in Ijebu Ode under the bridge, around the bus park.
Adenuga was one of the inmates that escaped at Olokuta prison during the 2013 prison break.
Residents of Igbodigo in Ayeka, Okitipupa, woke up last Tuesday morning to the horrible sight.
While the family members were asleep, Adenuga was reported to have poured petrol around their apartment and set it on fire at 2.00 a.m.
The death toll which was initially five after the attack – rose to eight as three other family members died in the hospital following burn injuries they sustained.