- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Police raid another torture centre in Katsina
- BREAKING: Labour, Reps meeting failed to hold, as NLC seeks new date
- BREAKING: EFCC re-arraigns Atiku’s lawyer over $2m money laundering
- 18 days after kaduna house of horror, chained children found at religious centre in Daura
- BREAKING: Moghalu resigns from YPP, canvasses for electoral reform
Mother Of Three Cries Out After Being Attacked By Unknown Men In Lagos
A businesswoman, Mrs. Adenike Sussanah Komolafe, has cried out to the Inspector-General of Police (IG), Mohammed Adamu, for protection following incessant attacks on her and her family by some unidentified persons. Adenike, a mother of three, said her family have been constantly harassed and attacked by some men, who claimed they were against some matters her husband, a legal practitioner, was handling in court.
According to the businesswoman, these masked men have assaulted and battered her on several occasions in a bid to send a warning signal to her husband. The businesswoman, who owns a business centre in Mushin area of Lagos State, said, “my family has come under physical attacks by some persons I don’t know who they are.
“I’ve been thoroughly beaten on different occasions. They would beat me up and threaten to deal with my husband if he still continues with the case his handling in court. “Sometime in January this year, a week after our arrival in Nigeria, about 5p.m., I was beaten to stupor by unknown individuals, who were riding on a commercial motorcycle, on my way home from my shop. “Also this month, I was attacked again.
These men pounced on me as if I stole from them, and inflicted severe injuries on my mouth. This time, it happened close to my shop when two people on ‘okada’ came down while I was waiting for somebody, and gave me a blow again on my mouth and told me to tell my husband to steer clear of them. Since then, I and my family have been living in fear.”
According to her, the incident has made her to relocate her children to different schools for safety. Adenike also said that she had reported the incident at the Olosan Police Station, Mushin, with the police promising to investigate the matter, but no one had been arrested till date. She now called on the IG to come to her aid and help rescue her family.
Also reacting on the issue of incessant attacks, Adenike’s husband, Mr. Richard Adekanmi Komolafe, who is a human rights activist, said his wife was attacked shortly after he won a court case against the police and a notorious land grabber in Bariga Richard added that his family had come under both physical and spiritual attacks from unknown people as a result of his activism and numerous court cases he had won against some prominent members in the society, thereby putting the lives of his wife and children in danger.