- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
Nigerian Player Sets All-Time Goals Record at Russian Club
Sylvester Igboun has written his name in the history of Russian Premier League side Ufa after he became the club’s all-time leading scorer with 24 goals in official games.
The former FC Midtjylland hitman attained this following his brace on Saturday in their 4-1 win over Ural in a league game. Igboun told SCORENIGERIA that he is delighted to set the record and hopes for more goals to power his team to safety in the remaining games.
“I feel so good about this achievement. It is not easy,” he said.
“My target as always been to score as many goals as I can, and do better than past seasons.
“I am delighted I have been able to achieve that and setting a record as Ufa’s all-time top goals scorer.”