- Breaking: Fire guts Benue’s largest market
- Breaking: Buhari signs Polytechnic, National Institute for Security bills into law
- JUST IN: Rufus Giwa Poly shut down indefinitely
- Just in: Buhari, APC govs meet in Aso Rock
- Breaking: Former Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi dies in court
- Breaking: AA suspends Okorocha‘s in-law
- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
Ighalo Scores Brace For New Club As He Becomes Top Scorer In China
Odion Jude Ighalo scored his fourth goal of the season in as many Matches, with his latest – a brace – helping his Chinese Super League side, Shanghai Shenhua to a 5-1 routing of Beijing Renhe on Sunday.
Ighalo, who has now scored three goals in his last two appearances for the club, now currently the top scorer in the league. His goals came either side of the half; in the 35th and 66th minutes, in a dominant display for the home side.
The Nigeria international recently revealed he turned down a move to La Liga giant, FC Barcelona, to stay in China and it seems the decision is paying off.
Meanwhile, back to back wins for the Quique Sánchez Flores’s men sees them climb to 7th in the table after an initial poor start to the season, which saw them lose back to back games.
GOAL KING!!!!!! IGHALGOAL!!!!!! 🔥🔥🔥 pic.twitter.com/S2hyPQ6d5i
— Jude Ighalo Fans (@judeighalofans) April 7, 2019
The Manager will certainly hope his Nigerian striker, who he reunites with after their time at Watford in the EPL, will show last season’s form, when he netted 21 goals for relegated Changchun Yatai.