- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
Two people become infected with HIV “after beauty salon used dirty needles for vampire facials”
Two people have contracted the HIV virus after having vampire facials at a health spa which used dirty needles to perform the procedure, health officials say.
The New Mexico Department of Health said Monday they fear the unnamed customers may have been infected by syringes and needles used to perform the anti-ageing procedure.
Both patients contracted the virus after visiting VIP Spa in Albuquerque, which was closed last September over concerns about how it handled needles, and whether it had a licence to perform the procedures.
The infected clients visited the spa between May and September 2018. Kathy Kunkel, from the New Mexico Department of Health said: “While over 100 VIP Spa clients have already been tested, NMDOH is reaching out to ensure that testing and counseling services are available for individuals who received injection related services at the VIP Spa.
“Testing is important for everyone as there are effective treatments for HIV and many hepatitis infections.”