- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
Adeleke to be taken to court from Police custody in Abuja today
Senator Adeleke was arrested and hes being detained in connection with ongoing criminal investigations touching on his person. This was revealed by Police spokesman Frank Mba, a Deputy Superintendent of Police (DCP).
Adeleke whose exact charges are yet unknown will be arraigned for forgery today.
A statement by Mba reads: “Senator Adeleke is currently in police custody. He was taken into custody in the evening of today yesterday (6th, May, 2019, in connection with ongoing criminal investigations touching on his person.
“Meanwhile, in the best tradition of natural justice and fair hearing, he has already been served with the relevant charge sheet containing his alleged offences in the presence of his attorneys.
“He will be arraigned in a competent court of law tomorrow, 7th May, 2019.”
But the PDP yesterday alleged plots to poison the senator.
According to it, Adeleke was arrested and detained by the police yesterday evening, in what the party described “total disregard for the extant order of the Federal High Court.”